A King's Love

He Gave His life for me, the King of the Heavens where one day I'll bow

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

I've been in Alaska what seems like all my life. Have sorrows and heart breaks like everyone else, but have learned ever so well that God never lets us go through something that He won't use in the future. I'm a crazy, loud and blunt Child of God, and desire more than anything to know that every day, I wake up and bring a smile to my Master's face. there's really, not much more about me than that (that matters, that is)

Thursday, August 03, 2006

A losing Battle?

Not much is happening around here, just working on homework and waiting on a therapy appointment! OH! YEAH! I forgot to tell you (Although from the statistics not many people read this thing) I just got out of brain surgery... I'm working on half my brain, I just shut down my left hemisphere, I had epilepsy. mmmmhm... yeah really crazy, really weird. Told you I was strange.

Philippians 3:7-11 But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. 8What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ 9and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith. 10I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead.

Loss... for the sake of Christ. Meaning nothing matters if I dont have Christ. But... But? What about my sex life? What about my money? What about my home? what about my family? It doesnt matter. Paul (The author) takes it a step further and says that its even better to know Christ than all that. That just seems wrong!! How Could he say such things if he didnt understand the truth? or rather, if he didnt understand the Truth. (another name for Christ; John 14:6 )

Christ was and is so important that nothing
ELSE really matters. God is a jealous God, we "lost all things." To the world that seems like a boring life. I'm here to tell you to think again! In reality, we've gained all things, we've gained the love of Christ, when we accept the gift of eternal life, we gain heaven!The righteousness that comes from God is by faith. I've always grown up in a Christian home, so I've always seen that faith. But I'm also seen the law. Clean your hands ten times a day and you're sins will be clean for that day. There are so, so many LAWS to follow that there are laws to follow the laws! Your faith of Christ is the only thing that will get you to heaven, and the only thing that will get you away from the law. I almost said it was easier... and in a sense, it is. God forgives you unconditionally, but its more of a rollercoaster.

Why, oh, why would anyone want to know Christ's sufferings? The Filipino people, in the Holy Week have men that get flogged with the cat of nine tails and then nailed to the cross... just so they can do that. I PRAISE God that He doesnt want me to do that, that my salvation was and is a free gift. There are many things about Christ that are like a mirror, in Genesis it says that God made us in His image. The suffering of Christ isnt to make us miserable, its to make us see that we need Him. Talk atcha later~
Cass

3 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Hi Cass from England, I found you at LUkes blog, I love what you have written, yes I praise God for my salvation and am thankful for His unconditional love to me even though I mess up sometimes!

Enjoy the summer and take care,
God bless,
Helen x.

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! What a blessing to read your blog.

Grace, grace, God's grace!


God bless, you, and please be assured of my prayers for you, dear little sister.

God bless,
Donna L. Carlaw

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are extraordinary i might say. found you at Mr Harris' blog. im from philippines and I agree what you mentioned to your post. that's not new here every lenten season.. and praise God they're still alive after doing it! :) anyway, take care! God bless!

2:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home