A King's Love

He Gave His life for me, the King of the Heavens where one day I'll bow

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

I've been in Alaska what seems like all my life. Have sorrows and heart breaks like everyone else, but have learned ever so well that God never lets us go through something that He won't use in the future. I'm a crazy, loud and blunt Child of God, and desire more than anything to know that every day, I wake up and bring a smile to my Master's face. there's really, not much more about me than that (that matters, that is)

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Right or wrong, I dont know

Well, Sorry its been so long. I had to leave because my parents were gone on their 25th Anniversary. They went on a cruise out in Seward (SOO'-ard) so I had to be "tortured" (haha) by riding horses and taking care of hem for a couple days. oh yeah, talk about torture. It was a blast. My poor Dad about had a heart attack though because I'm still healing from my in surgery, and horses are considered "dangerous" I guess, and I can get a horse to run.. and I did. and I also made the mistake of TELLING my Dad about this. But man it was fun. Riding Horses, not making my Dad worry.

Isaiah 55:9-11 "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. 10 As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, 11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

Have you ever seen a little kid trying to be the parent? Oh man I have! Or rather, I should say, I've tried to be the parent! I've learned my lesson because my brother and sister hated it, a little 4 year old trying to tell a 9 and 10 year old to clean their room and that their doing it wrong. And then comes the REAL parent to set me straight. Oh! You mean I was doing it wrong?! Wow! Didnt know that was possible. Its even worse when we try and be God. Can you just picture God up in Heaven shaking his head saying "my ways ARENT your ways.... get the picture?!" It'd be a lot easier for us if we'd just sit down nod our heads and go, "okay yup uh-huh!" But even God decided that that would be too boring!

But with us, I even told a teenager the other day "yeah well, why listen to your parents?" Because I knew that was her thought process. We "in one ear and out the other." OUCH! But with God, " His word that goes from his mouth will not return empty." What when an invisible God can say that... what are we supposed to do? What a miracle that even when on Sundays that you look around you and you see nothing (or better yet... you look at yourself, I look at myself!) and see nothing happening, when God's Word is spoken, it does its work. Wouldn't parents of teenagers love that "dont do drugs, dont have sex! LISTEN TO ME!!" "yeah whatever ma!"


Not with this God, not with this Lord. We try and do it, and it comes out wrong. If you havent noticed I'm really good at preaching, and I can tell myself to just "shuttttttttt-uppppppppppp Because no one else is listening!" His way is so much different. He never wants anything horrible to happen to you (Jeremiah 29:11) but He can still use it. He doesnt want you to get a broken leg, but he can use the fact that you're laid up for 6 weeks so that you can read the bible and really have to talk to Him. Its a different way of working... like He said, in our eyes, He's not doing it right, but really, He is. His word will not return empty, if you try and challenge him my friend, it'll be even more powerful in your life.
Talk to you later
Cass

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave. said...

Hey Cass, you're not strange, you are a child of God.

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home