A King's Love

He Gave His life for me, the King of the Heavens where one day I'll bow

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

I've been in Alaska what seems like all my life. Have sorrows and heart breaks like everyone else, but have learned ever so well that God never lets us go through something that He won't use in the future. I'm a crazy, loud and blunt Child of God, and desire more than anything to know that every day, I wake up and bring a smile to my Master's face. there's really, not much more about me than that (that matters, that is)

Saturday, August 12, 2006

WHAT is this?

Well, the last day to fish was yesterday and it was pretty good. We were there at high tide and that was pretty interesting because you were catching your fish and then you had to drag it pretty far before you were on the beach again. I know this is going to sound weird, but the fact that fishing is over almost makes it seem like winter's here. The fireweed is almost done growing, and as soon as thats done, we have 6 weeks before the first snow... ouch! haha I love it here, but its the whole shock of loving the sun, and not to sure if I'm ready to not have much of it for 8 months out of the year. Although when the sun shines, it SHINES... Alaska is worth the time!

Deuteronomy 8:1-4
Remember how the LORD your God led you all the way in the desert these forty years, to humble you and to test you in order to know what was in your heart, whether or not you would keep his commands. 3 He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your fathers had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD. 4 Your clothes did not wear out and your feet did not swell during these forty years

Yes, I know you're not an Israelite... and Yes, I know you dont usually wonder a desert 40 years. But! How many of us have had a heck of a life and just wanted to look up to God and say "so LORD! When exactly ARE you going to ah, be.. God?!" I'm thinking we've all thought that. We've all wondered when He's going to Buck up to the big title of Jehovah Jirah. (thats on our terms... so in other words, they're not very good terms) I know I have. But God's not nodding his head and telling us to go ahead and think that way. DANG IT!


The only thing He's saying is "remember" Not, "Complain" or "act like you know how to be God" But "Remember."
Remember the fact that He IS God, and Jehovah Jirah means "Provider God" Remember that when the tidal waves fall, he can calm them for you... but he might chose to ask you to ride them out and experience the beauty after the storm. When all you can do is Scream Abba He's asking you to remember that He's the Father and youre the child.

Life sucks. for 15 years I've had epilepsy, and for 6 months after the third brain surgery, I'm still having seizures. Where is God in that? Wheres the provider in that? I'm still alive, when I should be dead. I'm smiling, and I'm still holding on. God is a great God. Take your own story and see God. Remember Him... Remember God. Dont remember an idol that cant make anything happen, and cant give you eternal life... but remember God
Cass

1 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Hi Cass, the first snow in 6 weeks!!! here in England we sometimes see snow but only for a day or 2 usually in January and then the whole country comes to a complete standstill, we can't cope with it!!

How lovely to go fishing, do you live in the country or a busy town?

I love that which you have written, it is a Blessing to have come across your blog, yes we all have a story to tell of how God has truly sustained us, God is good and I pray you will continue to know His power in your life,

Take care,
Helen x.

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home