A King's Love

He Gave His life for me, the King of the Heavens where one day I'll bow

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

I've been in Alaska what seems like all my life. Have sorrows and heart breaks like everyone else, but have learned ever so well that God never lets us go through something that He won't use in the future. I'm a crazy, loud and blunt Child of God, and desire more than anything to know that every day, I wake up and bring a smile to my Master's face. there's really, not much more about me than that (that matters, that is)

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Nearby

Hey Guys,
It's me.... finally!! Just hanging out and tryin to take a break.... its been a crazy couple of weeks. Taking some college classes. Western Civ, Psych and Voice... so its been a weird life so fair, but its been good. Its amazing how I've only been there a week yet Gods already open many doors for me to say something about the Gospel. If ya think about it, just be praying that I'll stay faithful; to that as much as my studies... thanks!
Jeremiah 23:23-24
"Am I only a God nearby," declares the LORD, "and not a God far away? 24 Can anyone hide in secret places so that I cannot see him? declares the LORD "Do not I fill heaven and earth?" declares the LORD.
I love Jeremiah and Isaiah because there are parts that its likew God's BRAGGING on himself. But Man! What an awesome God we serve, that He can tell us about his Son, even before Jesus came! "I am a God nearby, people!" What a crazy thought when the world tries to revere him as the opposite. "Oh, well... there's no way that I can reach him now, I've done to much!" WHAT?! A God nearby would never EVER see it that way. The love he shows is amazing, it says in John 3:17 "For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him." A god faraway could never save them like that.
Yet, as soon as he says that, he replies, "you cant hide." uhhh. Dangit! But what an awesome thought all at the same time. All those times that I was dying inside and hiding in a closet, He saw me. But still, He knows. He has both sides to him, the just and the love. What a contrast, and I cant even see it, but its the truth. I love the fact that He's asking to be real in our lives... and that I dont have to understand it **snap** right now.
He fills Heaven and Earth. WOW!!!! I dont know about you, but in every place I've been in the world I look up and think "there's Heaven" AND HE FILLS THAT?! What a powerful God! What a mighty God. Yet He's offering all of that to us, because he wants that relationship with us. What a hard thing to comprehend, in our small little brains. I would think with all that power to destroy us after what we did to Him and his Son... Yet he's giving us a second Chance. He's a God Nearby.Take that Literally
Talk atcha later
Cass

3 Comments:

Blogger SarahB said...

Hi Cass,

Thanks for your comments on my blog - it was timely and cheering so thank you!!

Good to be reminded that God is nearby and not far away and nothing that we do can separate us from his love. Hard to take in sometimes in this world we live.

Praying God's blessings in your life.

Sarah :-)

2:22 PM  
Blogger Mark D. Smith said...

Hey Cass,

Cool to hear from you on my blog.



I've been really thinking lots of Psalm 139 lately so your post fit right in. :)

Grace to you,

Mark

6:59 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Hi Cass! yes it's great that God is nearby, I love your enthusiasm, just Fab!

Emily has been to Gt Ormand Street Hosp they have atarted her on some new medication and slowly increasing it, the seizures have decreased but she is very moody, my sister is hoping that bit will pass!

I bet your great to be around and you lift those around you, have fun Cass and take care, hope you're well,

Helen x.

2:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home