A King's Love

He Gave His life for me, the King of the Heavens where one day I'll bow

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

I've been in Alaska what seems like all my life. Have sorrows and heart breaks like everyone else, but have learned ever so well that God never lets us go through something that He won't use in the future. I'm a crazy, loud and blunt Child of God, and desire more than anything to know that every day, I wake up and bring a smile to my Master's face. there's really, not much more about me than that (that matters, that is)

Saturday, May 31, 2008

A Pursuing God

Revelation 3:20Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.

I don't know where to start. This verse makes my heart soar. A lot of times, I hate writing about one verse all by itself because there's so much we can get from the context. But this one just about knocked me over the first time I actully took time to read it. The Lord is writing to the Church in Laodicea, pouring his heart out to them. This church said they loved God but really, didnt care a hoot what they were doing.
Earlier in verse 16 God cries out that "since you are luke warm - neither hot nor cold - I am about to spit you out of my mouth." In other words, the actions that he was seeing were "making him sick" (real good theology term for ya!) The Christians in this Church probably understood a little too well how much that statement was true, and they didn't care. It was just a little too hard, and a little too convicting to change, but hey, they said the prayer, they believe in Christ, that's good enough right? (I'm stepping on my own toes here...)
So, after I've completely depressed all of you, let me shine some light on that subject. God still pursues us. It doesn't matter that we don't pursue him with a passion, he still pursues us with an incomprehensible and unmeasurable passion.
Think about it. The Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End... the "Amen" of life... let me get real lame here and just point out something that I think a part of each one of us asks. How - no, WHY- would a Being with that much "say- so" that much power, care about me? Cummon, I'm a kid that works in a town of 7,000 people, hasn't acchieved much as far as society's concerned, and yet the God of the Universe is standing at my door? Put in your own story, but I think the same is true for all of us. If WE were God, there's no way on earth we'd stand "knocking" at someone's door, and not stopping until they answer. Yet the fact that that isn't explainable is what makes it so precious. Love stepped down and came to live among us, even though Love (Christ) knew that He would be doing most of the drty work in this relationship.

I once heard the "Christian" journey described using initiatives. This speaker kept on saying "Christ loves you, but you have to take the first step." I understand -oh so well- where this man was coming from. (Christ will not make you love him) But at the same time, I don't agree. Christ "beat us" to the initiative. Go to Golgotha... the pursuing became evdent there. And the fact that he is willing to stand at our "door" (our heart) and knock until we answer tells me a few things.
1. He doesn't give up easily
2. His love outstands my stubbornness
3. He pursues no matter our history.

Most of you have been in church most of your lives. Do me a favor will you? Don't take this verse like water off a duck's back. This has HOPE written over it... just because you've heard His Story more times than you can count does not mean you cant step back and revisit the awe that ruled your life the first time you somehow heard the "Amen" of Life simply say "I'll do anything to be with you."
Pretty powerful stuff... I'l talk to you later
Cass

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good word on your blog today. As I wrote my own blog I thought of you today. Not because of vampires but because of my reference to Alaska. Check it out. Keep spreading the good news.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Alyssa said...

It's amazing how being a part of the Body of Christ can create a bond even among those whom we have never met before. Thanks for your prayers and interest in ministry here in Bulgaria! It means a lot to me, even more so since we have not even met!

10:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cass,

Hope you are well. Just checked in to see what you've been writing of late and nothing new since May 08. Hope everything is good and know that I am praying for you still.

Mark

7:14 PM  
Blogger Andrew Rowland said...

It is a good thing He can over ride stubbornness.
And yes, I'm leaving that purposely ambiguous so you don't know whether I'm referring to you or myself. :)

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home