A King's Love

He Gave His life for me, the King of the Heavens where one day I'll bow

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

I've been in Alaska what seems like all my life. Have sorrows and heart breaks like everyone else, but have learned ever so well that God never lets us go through something that He won't use in the future. I'm a crazy, loud and blunt Child of God, and desire more than anything to know that every day, I wake up and bring a smile to my Master's face. there's really, not much more about me than that (that matters, that is)

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Is Scripture powerful in your life?

Hey Guys,

If you're wondering if I'm still alive... I promise you I am, things have just been kind of crazy around this little ol' town of Alaska. Or rather it's grasping the realization that I no longer have any freedom starting Thursday. (If you really wanna get in an arguement, no one has freedom until they get to heaven... so what am I Complaining about?) Colleges start up pretty soon around here, but Alaska Christian College starts on the 24th. Try as I might to just shrug it off because I'm only going 30 minutesaway to live in a dorm and study theology (by now I'm hearing chuckles I'm sure!) after 4 years of staying at home because of the epilepsy and brain surgeries, I'm kind of apprehensive about getting THAT kind of structure back in my life again. Those of you that don't know, my "schooling" in the Bible has all been personal and basic, and this will be more of a test to see whether I can let God rule 100% of my life rather than whether I can keep up with my studies.
My parents are, as always, a gift from God. They know how weird this is for me, and to be honest, I know how hard this is for them. I've had to stay hanging on my mother's apron strings longer than most kids, teens, and sadly, adults. They've been setting me up with everything necessary for this school, the most important part of the prep prayer and love. Although last night when we celebrated my birthday you would have thought that I thought the most important thing was the computer they bought. Shows you how quickly we forget the reality of life... and to lighten things up here... shows you how many dang papers I'll be writing at this college! (no more than a regular college I'm sure!)

2 Timothy 3:16-17 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

I have had the priviledge to correspond with someonethese past- what- few weeks? And many things we agree on but the way we say it is different so we argue - or the polite theological way to say it is "discuss" (not making fun here, I'm serious) to no end. You've all been there. Whether with someone of the same faith or with someone of a different faith... or at least I hope you have. Why? Because it makes you strive for a better understanding of your faith in Christ.

I have to admit something to you here (My Friend, if you read this, read it to the end) I have no idea if he is a Christian. As we used to say as 7th graders he could be a "poser". But in the same position, he doesn't know me either. He knows I talk smooth, and that I can talk like a Christian... But! What in the world does that mean?


He brought something up to me that shocked the socks off of me. (did I really just say that? I'm starting to sound like my mother! Must be that I'm getting older) In the positions that He had, although in many of them I did not agree, he used scripture. And although He might have meant for them to mean something else, they were still used in my life. And what did I do when I was explainging my position? I did exactly what I shouldn't have done, I went to fast. I ddn't use scripture. I used my theological and my biblical training and just made it sound "normal" if that can even be done.

Guys, gals, whoever you are. Young ol, in between... tell whoever you're talking to whenever that comes up that you gotta wait a second. When you're discussing you're position, whether you both agree or not, USE SCRIPTURE. There's nothing more powerful in a person's life than for them to walk away knowing you didn't use just your own position in life.

Next time you're confronted, try something. Only use scripture. Don't even try and explain the scripture... only use scripture. I know that sounds dumb and razy, but don't you think our God is big enough to work?

okay, I'm done standing on my soap box...

talk atcha later~Cass

4 Comments:

Blogger AgapeTheologian said...

Very good challenge. Let Scripture do the talking, not man.


-Justin

8:34 PM  
Blogger AgapeTheologian said...

Are you going to go through Wayne Grudem's Systematic Theology on the Rebelution? You should if you have time!


-AgapeTheologian

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just trying to catch up around here Cass ..trusting that things are going well for you ...great post as always :-) there is real power in God's word and it has to be the best answer .
keep up the good work

praying that our Lord continues to bleass all you do in His name and for His glory ...
missing you btw

love and blessings
sandra x

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cASSIE, I've been there before too. Life's experience has since taught me that a person's ideas, beliefs, understandings, feelings etc. are worthless unless backed up with Scripture. Many believe sincerely and strongly but that doesn't make it true. ONLY God's written WORD is truth. Nothing else. Keep up the good work studying HIS WORD.

Roberta

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home