A King's Love

He Gave His life for me, the King of the Heavens where one day I'll bow

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

I've been in Alaska what seems like all my life. Have sorrows and heart breaks like everyone else, but have learned ever so well that God never lets us go through something that He won't use in the future. I'm a crazy, loud and blunt Child of God, and desire more than anything to know that every day, I wake up and bring a smile to my Master's face. there's really, not much more about me than that (that matters, that is)

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

What did they feel?

Hey Guys,

What an interesting couple of weeks! God certainly has a sense of humor, something I'm not a stranger to. But it's just been a weird week. The VNS - the implant and surgery I had on the 20th of December - was turned on 2 weeks ago. This implant on my vegas nerve (the nerve right above your collar bone) shocks me every 5 minutes without fail and tries its darndest to stop seizures. Let me tell ya, I think after 3 years of trial and error, we've found something that might work. But right now, it's making a whole new meaning to the word "zombie"! Just when I think I can start sleeping and dreaming "WHAM!" for thirty seconds that nerve and every part of my throat basically is getting a work over. How fun eh? But hey, we prayed for a solution that would actually be a solution or healing. This is just a wacky way of God grinning and reminding me that the story isn't over yet and his solutions are never boring!


John 2:1-4 On the third day a wedding took place at Cana in Galilee. Jesus' mother was there, and Jesus and his disciples had also been invited to the wedding. When the wine was gone, Jesus' mother said to him, "They have no more wine."
"Dear woman, why do you involve me?" Jesus replied, "My time has not yet come."


Everyone knows the story of the wedding feast. Jesus is with his mother (how sweet) They go to a wedding (poor guy!) While Mary, the mother of Jesus is socializing and talking about how beautiful the bride is and how gorgeous the babies are going to be with her eyes and his nose, she notices something horendous. The celebration has no more wine to dine with.
No big deal right? Drink water. If they had a big problem with it, they could've left. I've actually SEEN that happen before. But that's not the thought of Mary. She's not appalled by the sight because she's offended she just wants to help. In those days if there was no wine at the wedding, you were insulting the guests and it made more problems than just the fact they couldn't get drunk for 5 days.
She has no power over this problem (ever been there?!) She thinks about where this could lead and she knows that unless she has some magical.... oh but wait! She's got the Son of God right here. Magic? I don't think so.
So with as little as she has, she goes before the Son and pleads "I have no where to go, I'm embarrassed for this family, please Jesus, Emmanuel, will you...?"

Sounds a little desperate don't you think? It's not though, she was just as desperate as you have been when you realize you've lost a piece of paper you needed at work. Or lost a few bucks of cash that really would've helped. And the only words on your lips are "I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!"
But what really caught my attention was Christ's response when Mary pleaded. He told her it wasn't His time. He reminded her that this was a miracle that might just... but as he thinks about it, he sees the look of desperation in some of the eyes of his friends. Cummon, we have to figure out something!
So instead of keeping to the line that its not his time to show himself as the Messiah and the King of Kings... which to us, thats exactly what He did... He does the most simplest of things. He fills jugs of water and as soon as they get to the master of ceremonies, its wine. He was able to keep it quiet for a few more months, and Heaven saw two things. That their Messiah was safe, and that Jesus' Mother's heart had changed. Just because of his first miracle.

So what does that have to do with you? Everything. The fact that you can come to Christ at any moment about anything, and know that if he has to move every mountain on earth and more to show you he loves you and he heard your prayer... than He will. And then the fact that who we are, the desperation, the concern, the uncertainty of who we really are dealing with its all ours, yet God cuts through that, reminds us that we are who we are. He may see a different story, but he also sees the tunnell vision that we see as well. And he lives in both.

It wasn't his time to be known at the time but He was -and still is- God. It may not be time for you to know what's going on, but He's still the God in Control.
God may answer your prayers in an outright miracle, or a smile of a friend. Keep your eyes open. Christ is here.

see ya~Cass

2 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Hi Cass!
The implant must feel strange for you but if it helps the seizures then thats good, hope you are ok I like what you have written the last bit speaks to me that Christ speaks to us in different ways, God is here always by our side and touches us through friends, a smile and the little Blessings that surround us each precious day,

God Bless you Cass!

2:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

trust things are going well for you Cass ..things here are much the same as usual .Fergus is growing so fast and now talks really well .
I went to the funeral of a lovely Christian lady today ,she was 103 years old and still witnessing to God's goodness in her life up to the day she died ! It is good to know she is now with the Lord she has loved and served for so many years .
praying for you all :-)

peace and joy be yours

sandra

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home