A King's Love

He Gave His life for me, the King of the Heavens where one day I'll bow

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

I've been in Alaska what seems like all my life. Have sorrows and heart breaks like everyone else, but have learned ever so well that God never lets us go through something that He won't use in the future. I'm a crazy, loud and blunt Child of God, and desire more than anything to know that every day, I wake up and bring a smile to my Master's face. there's really, not much more about me than that (that matters, that is)

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Rabonai

Hey There,
Oh Wow! God's really been working in some amazing ways around here. Although they arent that easy, it's great to look back in hine's sight and see it all. I used to add to this every other day, and now its more or less when ever I can, and that's pretty bad. But man! If you could only see on the other side of this computer screen what God has been doing, you'd understand why I cant be on as much. I went from recoverying from a hemispherectomy (they shut off my entire left hemisphere-hence the name) to 8 classes in about 4 months. Yeah, I know, big deal, where's God in that. The fact that the seizures are still very much a part of my life but I'm back in school and my ministry is in the college now is so much a miracle when you're looking at in from my point of view. One of these days I'll rehash my very LOOOOOOOOOONG Surgery and recovery testimony of how God's been here and you'll see just How much God's worked.
Okay! So here's the deal. I write things, and then I completely forget that They've been written after about a month. It goes with being blonde. I was going through my files of all these "forgotten" inspirationals... if I can call them that... and came upon this one. You'll probably hate me for what I have to say because it isnt the greatest thing especially if you caterogize yourself as a "pew Christian" but when you look at it this way, you see the truth a little bit more. What more do we have to say except Abba Father Daddy.. and really live that statement out? And to think I WAS going to write about Jesus' first miracle!


To hear the fire was enough to make the large gathering homey. To hear the stray dog down the street was annoying but what say did I have in that? I had come to hear the Master. They said He was the best. That you walked in, and you knew something was different about this man.
“I can’t see His face!” I heard a teenager whimper frustratingly somewhere in the crowd. I felt like I could echo his cry a thousand times.
“If He doesn’t start right in ten minutes I’m leaving Susan!” I heard a young adult that just by looking at her I could tell she had had life handed to her on a silver platter.
Don’t judge. I thought to myself. I could have been just like her. I had led a life where many people had judged me… why would I have wanted to come to Christ if a so-called ‘Christian’ was judging me?
“I CANT SEE HIS FACE!!!” A double-chinned guy smoking a pipe screamed at the top of his lungs. Honestly concerned He’d die of a heart attack by the next time He yelled that I yelled back,
“NO ONE CAN!” And with that the man was silent and amazingly enough the whole gathering was as well.
“Susan, its 10:00 I’m ready to start now.” The master said gently. Instead of blushing as red as a fire hydrant, she smiled right back.
“Okay folks, you might think it’s a lecture tonight,” With that he faced groans and I heard a kid whisper to his girlfriend that ‘ we could’ve gone to the movies’ but the Master continued.
“I want you to see what you have done to me. Do you realize that I hung the cross, completely stripped?” With that he took off the top of his tunic and showed the scars of his back.
“Yes, you call me ‘Master’ ‘Rabonai’ JESUS. Look me in the eye my children, it’s me. I’m alive and this is how you treat me? This is how you spread the gift that I have given you? If you don’t believe me do what my friend and disciple Thomas did, come up here and put your finger in my hand and side. Go ahead and look at the stripes on my back and legs, I’m real. I’m just as much alive as I was centuries ago.
I had to speak up. “Jesus, why can’t I see your face?” “You’ll see my face when these scars really start making sense to you, when that phrase you pass around in your circles ‘make me more like Jesus’ is complete. Then my dear sweet Child, you’ll see my face. Until then, you’ll only know my touch, and only experience what it’s like for me to pick you up along the way.” What I experienced when I walked in at the beginning, the only thing making the meeting something human was the fire. Now, people stood up in unison praising God, and what I had heard from the people on the street was true, this man did make a remarkable difference in peoples lives. In ways you just didn’t know how to explain.

The Bible talks about how when we get to Heaven the scars of Jesus will still remain. I guess the only question I have for all of us, myself included, is will we be able to say that we lived in a way so that He didnt die in vain?just a thought....talk atcha later~Cass

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home