A King's Love

He Gave His life for me, the King of the Heavens where one day I'll bow

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

I've been in Alaska what seems like all my life. Have sorrows and heart breaks like everyone else, but have learned ever so well that God never lets us go through something that He won't use in the future. I'm a crazy, loud and blunt Child of God, and desire more than anything to know that every day, I wake up and bring a smile to my Master's face. there's really, not much more about me than that (that matters, that is)

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Called to

Hey Guys,
Wow- What a start to a week. I started a biblestudy with a friend of mine last night so that was a great way to start off a week. Jacob and I are going through Colossians and its definitely been a stretch on both of us since we like to debate our views. We're great friends so its no big deal, but its been interesting to see just how much God's been teaching us through each other and through the Word already. Hey Guys, if ya would, please be praying for a little guy (well he's not that little 4th grade) in Indiana. He's going through the same brain surgery I went through in August. The whole nightmare of a week of observation and then the surgery was enough to make a 15 year old dream about it for months afterwards, I dont know what its going to do to Matthew.

1st Corinthians 1:26-29 26Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. 27But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 28He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, 29so that no one may boast before him.


Called... called to what?! Called to dinner, called to lunch? called to freedom? Yeah okay, now we're getting somewhere when we say we were called to freedom. (dinner and lunch I'm not exactly hungry for anymore) What the Author -Paul- is talking about here is being called to Christ. I shout out freedom because when we ask God to wash away our sins, there is freedom from eternity in hell. You have eternity no matter what guys, what you might not get is freedom is only yours if you are "called."

Not many of us are are wise, yeah thats really not a surprise. I have alot of wise cracks, but as far as being WISE?! Think AGAIN. Being Influential? The person that can influence just one person in their lifetime for God has the greatest gift in the world given to them. But whether they take that opertunity is up to them. Of these 2 things God has to work overtime on us to get it straight. Something he is completely willing to do, but something that is hard to take.

The next phrase completely baffles me. I dont get how God can take the foolishness of a Prostitue, and then a woman that had had five husbands and use it. When the "godly" (sorry they werent godly, they were hypocritical) were throwing stones at them and shunning them Jesus loved them and used their stories to teach us how to live our lives. Doesnt make sense, but then again, what about Grace and mercy makes sense? "The weak things of the world to shame the wise." The disciples (sorry folks we do the same thing... so dont be sittin back and just reading this next part) wanted to know who was going to be "first" so-to-speak in Heaven and Jesus just looked at them and said "the Children." OUCH! What a bite of humble pie. God works in some mysterious and WEIRD ways.
But the thing He's been teaching me this past week is

Isaiah 55:8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord

To boast only for what Christ has done in our lives... because thats the only thing worth boasting for. What else can we say but "thank you Lord"?
See ya
Cass

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home