A King's Love

He Gave His life for me, the King of the Heavens where one day I'll bow

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

I've been in Alaska what seems like all my life. Have sorrows and heart breaks like everyone else, but have learned ever so well that God never lets us go through something that He won't use in the future. I'm a crazy, loud and blunt Child of God, and desire more than anything to know that every day, I wake up and bring a smile to my Master's face. there's really, not much more about me than that (that matters, that is)

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Cornerstone of Sovereignty

Hey Guys,

Had a major scare this week, my seizures past just the "shrug it off no big deal" stage. I was transported to the ER with a 12 minute seizure that had proceeded an 8 minute seizure. Now I'm just waiting on Doc's call and all is well. Oh man! I love waiting don't you? It's a lot easier when you know the outcome, but still, it pulls at ya!

Isaiah 28:16-17 So this is what the Sovereign LORD says: "See, I lay a stone in Zion, a tested stone, a precious cornerstone for a sure foundation; the one who trusts will never be dismayed. 17 I will make justice the measuring line and righteousness the plumb line; hail will sweep away your refuge, the lie, and water will overflow your hiding place.

Last week you guys were overly gracious in reading my frustrations about not understanding sovereignty. The thing is, I understood it perfectly, I was just tired of fighting for the night so I made you guys read what I had written! So! Today, we're going to read what the Bible says, where I should've taken you in the first place. Isaiah Says it best.

Sovereignty can make the greatest scholar scratch his head when he sees it played out. But we see it all the time really. We see it in the hearts of committed Christians that know who they are living for and what finish line they are going to Cross. Sovereignty means supreme control over__________. That could be a person that could be a church, that could be a school. But when that Sovereignty is something we submit ourselves to, its something we tend to start loving more than hating the fact that we're not making the rules anymore.

These verses aren't exactly the "warm and fuzzy" ones that you were looking for. I mean, here God is telling you that he's wiping out your hiding place. And of All things JUSTICE will be what it was meant to be. Sovereignty and Justice reign hand in hand just as much as the mercy and justice of God are the same. What are you looking at when He says he's going to wipe out your refuge? Here's what it means my friend. It's for those of you that don't make your Refuge in Jesus Christ. I cant and wont list the rest of the refuges that we chose. Why? Because I know there are too many ouyt there. But once you takeyour stand on the one Refuge of Jesus Christ your Safe.

Annnnd, I did things backwards tonight, I left the first verse for last. The Lord Says He lays a Precious and tested stone in Zion. But he doesnt just call it a stone he calls it something else. He calls it the Cornerstone. Everything gets built on the Cornerstone. Everything. Your Refuge. Your Family. Your Career. Your life. That Corner Stone won't and can't get knocked down, so don't count on it. Jesus Christ is that Cornerstone. Realize just how powerful He is. And realize how much youre putting your life on the line if you dont want to look him in the eye.

Sovereignty, Cornerstone. What does any of this have to do in common? With the fact that the sovereignty of God knew that we couldn't control our own lives for a day without crackin'... so He gave us the Cornerstone of Life. Some would call him a Crutch, but how can you call him a crutch when there's no way you can leave him?

Talk to you later
Cass

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home