A King's Love

He Gave His life for me, the King of the Heavens where one day I'll bow

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

I've been in Alaska what seems like all my life. Have sorrows and heart breaks like everyone else, but have learned ever so well that God never lets us go through something that He won't use in the future. I'm a crazy, loud and blunt Child of God, and desire more than anything to know that every day, I wake up and bring a smile to my Master's face. there's really, not much more about me than that (that matters, that is)

Friday, March 30, 2007

I saw His face

Hey Guys,

Well, If can't lie, it's been a hard week. My body has sort of turned on me in every aspect of the game. The people that have been through this with me -with my health - know that I will be the first one to say "hey 2nd chances!" "3rd times a charm!" But what's the rhyme for 4 times around? No I'm not giving up. I can't do that when God has given me such joy in the circumstances and living I have. But the seizures are coming back faster than um.... I ever expected I guess. The other night I almost landed myself in the ER, and the device they put me on (VNS) that shocks me every 5 minutes for 30 seconds is still too weak. Oh well, I guess I'm doing this so that I won't turn on the doctors in Seattle. They adore me there because I'm always giving them new stuff to look at, my case is bigger than the size of TX. This, my Friends, is where my life as a 2 faced Christian would never have pulled off. Because God's joy can never be copied. And it's the only way I'm surviving right now.

Luke 17:11-16 Now on his way to Jerusalem, Jesus traveled along the border between Samaria and Galilee. As he was going into a village, ten men who had leprosy met him. They stood at a distance and called out in a loud voice, "Jesus, Master, have pity on us!" When he saw them, he said, "Go, show yourselves to the priests." And as they went, they were cleansed. One of them, when he saw he was healed, came back, praising God in a loud voice. He threw himself at Jesus' feet and thanked him—and he was a Samaritan.

"UNCLEAN! UNCLEAN! UNCLEAN!" or "DON'T TOUCH ME, I'M SINFUL! DON'T TOUCH ME I'M SINFUL! DON'T TOUCH ME, I'M SINFUL!" How might you like walking the streets of where ever you call home screaming this? I live in a small- very small - town. If anyone sees you, everyone sees you. I once joked with my friend that if you held hands with the wrong boy while on a walk, it would be in the newspaper the next morning. That's an exaggeration, but you get the point. There's no decency, there's no hope for the person that did something wrong 10 years ago.

Is leprosy a disease caused by sin? It may be. Kings have been struck down with it for not repenting... and leprosy isn't just "the nuisance" that means it's not pleasant to look in the mirror because you're not the hunk you used to be. You lose limbs, you lose a nose, you lose... well...
But even still, leprosy can just be caused by dumb bacteria. (If I tried to spell it out I'll get a doctor wiz on here that'll spill my guts for not looking it up...) So it's a little of both.

So when these men that were infected with the disease saw Jesus, they had every right to want to be healed. Who would want to stay that way? Jesus does miracles... it just adds up. So what do they do, the only thing they can do... call from a distance. If they walk right up to him, they break the law. If He walks right up to THEM it's his own fault and heck, it means the religious leaders get a break. (or not)

There were ten of them. Jesus sent them to the Priests because that's the only way a person with leprosy in those days could start living again. "See see! I have nothing wrong with me." If the priests approve, it must not be a dream. But you don't understand do you. They went back to the priests and only 9 showed up. Where was the 10th one?

Giving thanks and adoration to the One that deserved it. This man's "stamp of approval" could wait a little longer. This Jesus, this Messiah, was the only one that mattered. This was what Joy felt like. Not so much being healed, but giving thanks. That was that person's gold that day, was seeing Heaven open up to him.

So my challenge to you, and to me... is when we are healed where are we going? No, it doesn't have to be leprosy. Or cancer, or Multiple Sclerosis, or any of "the big ones." Even the emotional things that we are healed from, that we are finally freed from, who do we dance in front of? The people that can be in awe of what "we" have done... or in front of the only One that Deserves it.

Don't be one of the nine that ran away~Cass

1 Comments:

Blogger Daniella said...

Good one, Cass. Very encouraging.. Oh, that we would remember our Source, our Healer, our Everything, and give Him all the praise and adoration that He deserves.

I hope that you are keeping well. I'll be keeping you in prayer, sister!

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home