A King's Love

He Gave His life for me, the King of the Heavens where one day I'll bow

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

I've been in Alaska what seems like all my life. Have sorrows and heart breaks like everyone else, but have learned ever so well that God never lets us go through something that He won't use in the future. I'm a crazy, loud and blunt Child of God, and desire more than anything to know that every day, I wake up and bring a smile to my Master's face. there's really, not much more about me than that (that matters, that is)

Friday, April 06, 2007

Crushed for it all

Hey Guys,

WELL! This week has definitely been better, and definitely been a little bit crazier. And like I've told you before, if I don't have craziness, I don't have normalcy, so.... all is well. ha! We have college students staying with us all this weekend so it's an endless weekend of movies, popcorn and girls staying up late to talk. You'd think we were back in Junior high or something. But oh well, I'll just pay for staying up til 3 in the morning later.

Isaiah 53:5-7 But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities;the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. We all, like sheep, have gone astray,each of us has turned to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all. He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth; he was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is silent, so he did not open his mouth.

I usually don't say this about scripture, but this passage makes me sick. In a good way. Because it opens my eyes to what He did. For me. For you. Are you reading this scripture closely? And I mean really closely? It doesn't say he was just prodded with a stick and then left alone to think. Or that he was slapped twice and then left naked to be humiliated (which, in my opinion, would have been enough humiliation to last a life time.) No, he was CRUSHED, completely beaten, bruised, lefted unrecognizable. This was what he put himself through. If I explained the ways they would torture "criminals" back then... the cat of nine tails, the whips, the barb wire for the crown, say nothing of the fact for the rot iron nails and the spears... You'd understand why "crushed" comes to life for me here. And He took all of that for us. We have peace now because of Him.

Now, I want you to imagine with me, what you would have done on the cross if you were there. Not just at the foot of the cross saying "Messiah, I thought you were the one, come back!" but actually being crucified yourself. I usually don't like thinking like that, but what would your reaction be? Fear? Anger? Sadness? Screams of terrior? One of my friends gave me a nail this week and told me to just press it against my palm as HARD as I could. It didn't hurt perse' but it stung. "Now multiply that by 1,000 (I wanted to tell him it was more than that!) and you have the pain of Christ. And we didn't even pity Him. He took our pain and He was as silent as silent could be, and we didn't even pity him. What more could we do to him?" His point was made.

You know what Easter is. Christ was crucified, buried and he ROSE on the third day. Hallelujah. Easter is that Resurrection. Praise God we worship a risen Savior, Amen? The love He showed, on that cross, was a crucial part (duh?). But my point is, many a time we just really quickly go over the crucifixion of Christ like it was no biggie because we don't wanna think about it. I can see why it'd be easier to make it into the preschool version and forget about what it means, but what about the hard details that can change our lives? It's a huge part of thinking about what He has done. Of those nails getting driven into his hands, and him taking it for a crowd that really, didn't care. Take time this Year to THINK about what led up to Easter. and to meditate on the fact that the only reason you are here, is because He was willing to be crushed and crucified.
What a wonderful Savior.

Cass

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful Saviour indeed. Thanks for this post Cassie. Hope your Easter was one in which you were able to celebrate the redemption.
Mark

12:48 AM  
Blogger Issie said...

Hey just wanted to drop a comment to ask how you are. Your blog has not been updated for sometime. Hope you're going well. God bless you.

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home